Chromecast devices let you stream (or “cast”) DIRECTV NOW from your mobile device or Chrome browser to a Chromecast built-in television or to any TV/monitor with an HDMI port.
Wi-Fi connection problems may interfere with streaming DIRECTV NOW to a Chromecast built-in TV or through your Chromecast Stick. For optimal streaming, make sure you have a stable Internet connection. See our Network Connection article for tips.
- Confirm that your AndroidTM or iOSTM device is compatible with both the Chromecast and DIRECTV NOW apps via our supported devices and browsers.
- Make sure your Android, iOS device or laptop/computer and Chromecast Stick are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Check for updates to your DIRECTV NOW and Chromecast apps from the App Store.
- Check for device updates for your Android or Apple device.
- Unplug your Chromecast Stick from your TV or monitor for one minute.
- Restart your Chromecast Stick.
- Restart your Android or iOS device.
- Restart your laptop/computer, if casting from the Chrome browser.
- Uninstall and reinstall the DIRECTV NOW and Chromecast apps on your device.
Note: To reset your Chromecast device, press and hold the Reset button on the side for approximately 30 seconds or until the reset message appears on screen.
Device syncing issues may interfere with streaming On Demand movies or shows with Chromecast. For example, you may find that content displays without an onscreen Play/Pause button or without a closed caption option, or that scrubbing may not work:
If your Android or iOS device does not sync properly within a few seconds of Casting:
- Select the upper left Back button to return to the Movie or Show Details.
- Select Casting from the top of the Details screen to refresh Casting.
- Review refreshed full Casting screen to ensure that all content and options are displayed properly.
If problems persist:
- Select Stop Casting.
- Restart Casting from the app.
If this does not resolve the issue:
- Turn off and unplug the Chromecast device to reboot. (Please DO NOT remove the HDMI input to the TV.)
- Restore power to the Chromecast device and restart.
- Restart Casting from your Android or iOS device.
If these steps do not resolve your streaming issue, visit Chromecast support for assistance.
If you suspect you are having an Internet connection issue, contact your Internet Service Provider for further assistance.
Android, Chromecast, and Google Play are trademarks of Google Inc. iOS is a trademark of Cisco Systems, Inc.