If you have installed both the Chromecast and DIRECTV NOW apps on your mobile device, but the Cast icon doesn't appear, try these steps to fix the issue:
- Confirm that your AndroidTM or iOSTM mobile device is compatible with both the Chromecast and DIRECTV NOW apps via our supported devices and browsers.
- Make sure your mobile device and Chromecast device are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Close and restart both the DIRECTV NOW and Chromecast apps.
- Check for updates to your DIRECTV NOW and Chromecast apps from your App Store.
- Unplug your Chromecast device for one minute and restart.
- Check for software updates for your mobile device.
- Restart your mobile device.
- Uninstall and reinstall the DIRECTV NOW and Chromecast apps on your mobile device.
For further assistance with Chromecast with a mobile device, visit Chromecast support.
If you're using the Chrome browser but do not see the Cast option, try these steps which may fix the issue:
- Make sure your Chrome browser is up to date.
- Make sure your laptop/computer is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Chromecast device.
- Pin the Cast button to your toolbar by accessing Settings in the upper right of the page (three vertical dots). Right click over Cast to temporarily add to your toolbar, right click the icon on the toolbar a second time and select Always show icon for it to permanently appear.
For additional assistance with the Chrome browser, visit Chromecast support.
Android, Chromecast, and Google Play are trademarks of Google Inc. iOS is a trademark of Cisco Systems, Inc.