If you have installed both the Chromecast and DIRECTV NOW apps on your mobile device, but the Cast icon doesn't appear, try these steps to fix the issue:
- Confirm that your Android device is compatible with both the Chromecast and DIRECTV NOW apps via our supported devices and browsers.
- Make sure your mobile device and Chromecast device are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Close and restart both the DIRECTV NOW and Chromecast apps.
- Check for updates to your DIRECTV NOW and Chromecast apps from the Google Play Store.
- Unplug your Chromecast device for one minute and restart.
- Check for software updates for your Android device.
- Restart your Android device.
- Uninstall and reinstall the DIRECTV NOW and Chromecast apps on your mobile device.
For further assistance, visit Chromecast support.
Android, Chromecast, and Google Play are trademarks of Google Inc.