You receive Error Message 40: Video Error. This error may also appear as 1401, 1402 or 1403.
This message indicates trouble while loading video content. We may be experiencing a temporary glitch in data transmission and will resolve the issue as soon as possible.
You can also try the following:
- Restart your device/player.
- Close and restart DIRECTV NOW app.
- Check for DIRECTV NOW app updates.
- Uninstall/reinstall DIRECTV NOW app.
- Check for device software updates.
If you experience playback issues using the Safari browser, we recommend using the Chrome browser to continue watching DIRECTV NOW. Disabling browser add-ons may also improve your video playback.
Note: DIRECTV NOW does not support rooted or jailbroken devices - that is, phones, tablets, or other devices from which users have removed carrier restrictions to gain extra controls.