A Google Chromecast device allows you to stream DIRECTV NOW from an Android or Apple iOS mobile device to any television or monitor device with HDMI input.
To use Chromecast, you’ll need:
- A Chromecast stick or device with the latest version of the Google Home app installed.
- An HDTV with a spare HDMI or USB port.
- A stable, secure Wi-Fi connection.
- A compatible Android or iOS mobile device with the latest version of the DIRECTV NOW app installed.
Note: If you do not have a Chromecast built-in TV, you must use a Googlecast-enabled TV to cast content from your Android or Apple iOS device to your TV.
Before connecting to DIRECTV NOW, make sure your Chromecast device is set up and connected to your television and Wi-Fi network. The mobile device must be on the same Wi-Fi network as your Chromecast device.
For setup instructions specific to Android, Apple iOS and computers, see Google Chromecast Help.
- Launch the DIRECTV NOW app.
- Sign in on your mobile device or Chrome browser.
- With the DIRECTV NOW app open, select the Cast icon in the upper or lower area of your screen.
- Choose the Chromecast device you wish to Cast on your television.
- Any content you select will display on your television.
When Casting from mobile, you’re able to navigate away from the DIRECTV NOW app on your device without interrupting the video being displayed. To control or stop the video at any time, go back to the DIRECTV NOW app.
- With the app open, navigate to and select the Cast icon.
- Select Disconnect to finish the cast.
- Alternatively, you can stop the cast from the GoogleTM Cast app on the devices tab. Select the option associated with your device to stop casting.
If you are still having problems with your Internet connection, see our Wi-Fi Network Connectivity tips or contact your Internet Service Provider.
Android, Google, Google Play and Google Cast are trademarks of Google Inc. iOS is a trademark of Cisco Systems, Inc.