If the DIRECTV NOW app crashes or will not launch on your AndroidTM device, try these basic steps to help resolve the issue:
- Close the DIRECTV NOW app
- Restart your device
- Check for DIRECTV NOW app updates
- Check for Android updates
Note: DIRECTV NOW may not work correctly in multi-window mode on some devices. If you experience crashing as a result of using multi-window mode, try starting the app in portrait mode and then turn the device for landscape mode.
If these steps do not resolve the issue, try the following:
- Launch the Play Store on your device.
- In the search box, type DIRECTV NOW and press Enter.
- Select DIRECTV NOW from the search results.
- Select the Uninstall button.
- Select OK.
- The app uninstalls from your device.
- After the app uninstalls, select Install. The app downloads and installs.
- Select Open to launch the app.
Streaming issues can also result from limited available device memory. Try the following to check your device’s memory:
- From your Google search bar, type Settings and tap Enter.
- Select Settings from the Apps section.
- Select Storage. Storage displays how many items you have installed on your device.
- If your memory is almost full, try uninstalling apps you no longer need.
- Launch the DIRECTV NOW app.
Android and Google Play are trademarks of Google Inc.