If you experience sound or video playback issues with the DIRECTV NOW application on your Amazon Fire TV device, first try these basic steps that may resolve the issue:
- Check your hardware (HDMI) connection
- Restart your Amazon Fire TV device
- Check for your Amazon Fire TV device for updates
- Close the DIRECTV NOW app
- Uninstall and reinstall the DIRECTV NOW app
If the above steps do not resolve the issue, try the following:
- Select the Settings section.
- Select the Apps menu.
- Select the Manage Installed Apps option.
- Select the DIRECTV NOW app.
- Select Clear Cache.
- Select Clear Data from the pop-up menu.
- Select Settings > Preferences > Data Monitoring.
- Select Video Quality.
- Update the setting to Good. (Good, Better, Best)
- Select Settings > System > Network from the menu.
- Locate your current network and the signal strength reading alongside it.
- To switch to a different network, select Rescan.
- Select the network to which you wish to connect.
- If prompted, enter the password.
- Once complete, select Connect.
For additional troubleshooting for your Amazon Fire TV device, see Amazon Device Support.