To watch DIRECTV NOW on your TV using Apple TV (4th generation), you’ll need:
- An Internet connection (Wi-Fi or wired)
- An Ethernet cable (wired only)
- An HDMI cable
- HD TV/home theater with HDMI port
- An iOS device (optional for automated setup)
- An Apple TV (4th generation) with remote & power cord
Note: Not all remotes are compatible with DIRECTV NOW. We recommend using the remote provided with your Apple TV (4th generation).
Apple provides simple, illustrated steps for setting up your Apple TV (4th generation), connecting to your home theater, and pairing it with mobile devices.
You will then need to download the DIRECTV NOW app on your Apple TV:
- Make sure your Apple TV is running tvOS 9+.
- On your Apple TV, search for DIRECTV NOW in the App Store.
- Select the DIRECTV NOW app.
- Select Get for free.
- If prompted, enter your Apple ID password to download the app.
- For more information about DIRECTV NOW on your Apple TV, see the App Store.
- You can use the Apple TV search function to find DIRECTV NOW, or you can launch the DIRECTV NOW app directly from the App Store.
- For more details about apps see the App Store.
By default, Apple TV automatically updates the DIRECTV NOW app when a new version is available. If you have disabled automatic updates:
- Go to DIRECTV NOW app in the App Store
- Available updates will display on the app page
Using the Apple TV remote:
- Highlight the DIRECTV NOW app.
- Press and hold the touch surface until the app starts to shake on your screen.
- Press the Play/Pause button.
- Use the touch surface to select Delete.
If your Apple TV is not connected to Wi-Fi, visit the Apple TV support site for configuration.
If you are still having problems with your Internet connection, see our Network Connection for tips or contact your Internet Service Provider.