To watch DIRECTV NOW on your TV using Amazon Fire TV or Amazon Fire TV Stick, you’ll need:
- A Wi-Fi (required for Amazon Fire Stick) or wired Internet connection.
- A compatible high-definition or ultra-high definition TV with an HDMI port.
- An HDMI cable (Amazon Fire TV only).
- An Amazon Fire TV or Amazon Fire TV Stick.
- The DIRECTV NOW app installed from the Amazon Appstore.
For detailed instructions to set up your Amazon Fire TV, see Amazon Device Support.
- From the Fire TV main screen, scroll left using your remote and select the Search icon.
- Enter "DIRECTV NOW".
- Choose DIRECTV NOW from the search results and select Get or Download.
- Access the Home button to return home and scroll to the apps and games section. If you don’t see DIRECTV NOW, scroll right and select See All.
- Select DIRECTV NOW.
- From the Fire TV main screen, scroll to your apps and games section. If you don’t see DIRECTV NOW, scroll right and select See All.
- Highlight and select DIRECTV NOW.
Note: Alexa can launch DIRECTV NOW for you. Press and hold the Voice button and say “open DIRECTV NOW.”