Connectivity problems may prevent the DIRECTV NOW app from pairing with your Chromecast device, for example, a Chromecast built-in TV. To resolve this issue, try the following:
- Confirm that your AndroidTM or iOSTM device is compatible with both the Chromecast and DIRECTV NOW apps via our supported devices and browsers.
- Make sure your mobile device and Chromecast device are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Close and re-launch both the DIRECTV NOW and Chromecast applications.
- Check for updates to your DIRECTV NOW and Chromecast apps from your App Store.
- Unplug your Chromecast device for one minute.
- Restart your Chromecast device.
- Check for device updates for your Android device.
- Restart your Android or iOS device.
- Uninstall and reinstall the DIRECTV NOW and Chromecast apps on your mobile device.
If still unable to pair your Chromecast device, visit Chromecast support for further assistance.
Note: To Cast content with Closed Captions from a mobile device to a paired TV, toggle the Chromecast-enabled mobile device screen.
Android, Chromecast, and Google Play are trademarks of Google Inc. iOS is a trademark of Cisco Systems, Inc.