If video continues to play after closing the DIRECTV NOW and/or Chromecast apps, try these steps:
- If not already open, launch the Chromecast app.
- Select the Devices tab.
- Select your device's Chromecast option to Stop Casting.
- Unplug your Chromecast device for one minute and restart device.
- Check for updates to your DIRECTV NOW and Chromecast apps from the Google Play Store.
- Restart your AndroidTM or iOSTM device.
- As a test, try casting from another app. Launch the app and select Cast.
Note: To Cast content with Closed Captions from a mobile device to a paired TV, toggle the Chromecast-enabled mobile device screen.
For further assistance, visit Chromecast support.
Android, Chromecast, and Google Play are trademarks of Google Inc. iOS is a trademark of Cisco Systems, Inc.