A cookie is a small file installed on your device during a web visit to retain your preferences. The server that hosts the website you are visiting sends the cookie to your browser. Conflicts between saved cookies on your system and cache may cause streaming video issues.
Most browsers accept cookies by default. The option to turn cookies on or off is most commonly found under the Preferences or Internet Options menu. Visit your browser's support site to verify.
DIRECTV NOW can be viewed from a number of common browsers. For a full list of supported devices, check out our supported browsers and devices list.
DIRECTV NOW can work if cookies are blocked, with some browser limitations:
On Chrome: DIRECTV NOW fails if all cookies are blocked. You will see a blank screen after clicking either the sign-in or sign-up links. To ensure that DIRECTV NOW is fully functional:
- Set the Chrome cookie option to “Always Allow,” or
- Set the Chrome cookie option to “Keep Local Data until You Quit Your Browser.”
On Safari: DIRECTV NOW fails if all cookies are blocked. You will see a blank screen after clicking either the sign-in or sign-up links. To ensure that DIRECTV NOW is fully functional:
- Set the Safari cookie option to “Always Allow” works, or
- Set the Safari cookie option to “Allow from Current Website Only," or
- Set the Safari cookie option to “Allow from Websites I Visit.”
Note: When you turn off cookies, you have to re-enter your login and password in order to move back and forth between the “Watch” experience and account management.
While cookies and cache data often make your surfing and streaming experience a little easier, sometimes they can bog things down. A common way to freshen up you browser is by clearing browsing data, such as cookies and cache.
- Launch a web browser.
- Visit the History menu, or select Ctrl+Shift+Del if using a PC.
- Select the items you'd like to clear from the browsing history, including cache and cookies.
- Select the Delete or Clear button, depending on your browser.
- Close your browser and start a new session.
Note: If you need further assistance with your browser, please visit your browser's support site for specific instructions. For support with your device or operating system, see Android Support, Apple Support, or Microsoft Support.