Intermittent Wi-Fi connectivity may interrupt your DIRECTV NOW streaming experience on Roku devices (or players). Internet connection issues can also cause errors when pairing devices with the Roku mobile app. For optimal streaming, make sure you have a stable Internet connection. See our Network Connection article for tips.
Having problems streaming DIRECTV NOW on your Roku device or pairing it with your Roku mobile app? Try these steps to resolve the issue:
- Test your Internet signal strength.
- Confirm that your Roku remote control batteries are still working. (Or, if you are using the Roku mobile app, confirm that your mobile device is fully charged and connected to the Internet.)
- Check for updates to your DIRECTV NOW and Roku apps from your app store (if you are using the Roku mobile app).
- Check for software updates for your mobile device.
- Unplug your Roku device from your TV or monitor for one minute.
- Restart your Roku device.
- Restart your mobile device (if applicable).
- Uninstall and reinstall the DIRECTV NOW and Roku apps on your mobile device (if applicable).
If your streaming issue persists, visit Roku support for assistance. If you suspect you are having an Internet connection issue, contact your Internet Service Provider for further assistance.
Interested in using your mobile device as a Roku remote control? Review instructions in our Roku app setup article.