Requirements for DIRECTV NOW and Roku
Welcome to the DIRECTV NOW Roku streaming experience! Before adding DIRECTV NOW on your streaming Roku device (or player), you’ll need:
- A Wi-Fi connection
- A DIRECTV NOW account
- A compatible Roku TV, or compatible Roku player and an HD / Ultra HDTV with an HDMI port (see compatible Roku TVs and players, below)
- A Roku remote or Roku mobile app
- A Roku account (which is separate from DIRECTV NOW account)
For the best DIRECTV NOW experience, we recommend the following Roku devices:
- 4K Roku TV (models: 7000X)
- Roku non-4K TV (models: 8000X)
- Roku Streaming Stick (models: 3600X, 3800RT, 3800RW, 3800X)
- Roku Streaming Stick+ (models: 3810RW, 3810X)
- Roku 4 (model: 4400)
- Premiere (model: 4620)
- Premiere+ (model: 4630)
- Ultra (models: 4640X, 4660RW, 4660X)
- Roku Express (models: 3900RW, 3900X)
- Roku Express+ (models: 3910RW, 3910X)
Get DIRECTV NOW for your Roku streaming device
Once you have the right equipment, add DIRECTV NOW to your channels.
- Press Home on your remote.
- Scroll and select Streaming Channels.
- Enter "DIRECTV NOW" in the search box, or scroll through the channels to DIRECTV NOW.
- Select Buy to purchase and install DIRECTV NOW on your Roku.
- If required, enter your Roku PIN.
DIRECTV NOW will install on your Roku.